What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 10-25 & 26 Tailcone Wiring Harness

md9680

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm attempting to place the WH-00057 REV 3 wiring harness wiring along the left side stiffener as called out on Pages 10-25 & 26. I've run the phone cable, loosely attached as described on Page 10-24. But, can someone provide me some still shots of how the wiring and other cables are supposed to be installed, especially at the bulkheads?

Thank you.

Here are a few, more on my build site. All still loose, but in place and the ends have been measured. Not saying mine is right, but it's an example of what it could look like. ;)

IMG_4887.jpg
IMG_4889.jpg
IMG_4892.jpg

Last edited:
Brian - Thank you so much! Exactly what I was looking for and they will save me some time and grief, I'm sure.

Mike

Of course, only thing that's and issue right now for me is the phone plug, I can't get through the forward center holes, and have to do some looking on the forum to find the way around, I think it's a trim of the plug itself.

If you have the wires routed correctly from before the skins were riveted, you should be in a good spot. If you don't have skins on yet, double check, to make sure the bulky connections are in the right spots, otherwise it won't fit, and you'll have to take some rivets out, or redo harnesses.

WH-00057 REV 3

I'm not sure what REV 3 has migrated to but hopefully it's a better connector than a Molex ES-00044 and 45. Mine as several other builders is a little problematic, WH-00057 to WH-00073 located aft deck. I'm now sufficiently trained making loss of elevator trim landings. :rolleyes:

WH-00059 fit through the F-01429

FYI the phone plug needed a slight touch of the belt sander on the 4 long edges to get it through the bellcrank holes.

I'm attempting to place the WH-00057 REV 3 wiring harness wiring along the left side stiffener as called out on Pages 10-25 & 26. I've run the phone cable, loosely attached as described on Page 10-24. But, can someone provide me some still shots of how the wiring and other cables are supposed to be installed, especially at the bulkheads?

Thank you.

Here's another...

Attachments

• IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 101
Should be. If you look at the Common Fuselage Harness schematic (WH-00125) in the Tailcone Left section you'll see WH-00059 (the phone cable) going to the instrument panel through the right tailcone snap bushing in the F-01406B bulkhead.

Thanks for the response.

Then is it "correct" to route it alongside/together with the UAT Antenna cable along the base of the F-1037B BATTERY ANGLE on its way forward to and through that snap bushing? Again, I'm hoping so!

Back