What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aircraft registration

tomkk

Well Known Member
AC 20-27G says "A check or money order payable to the FAA for the registration fee. The registration fee is $5. If you are requesting a special registration number, it is an extra $10. Therefore, if you submit your registration and request for a special registration number at the same time, the total fee is $15"

Does anyone know if the extra $10 is required if the special registration number has already been reserved (and the $10 reservation already paid)?

It is not. If your special n number reservation is current, then you send a check for $5 along with a letter stating that you own the n number and wish to apply it to this registration.

That's correct. If you are registering in a name different than you have reserved the N-number, then a letter from he name of the reserved number to give the number to the name of the registration. I always send a print out of the FAA reservation page showing that N-number in my name.

Address

That's correct. If you are registering in a name different than you have reserved the N-number, then a letter from he name of the reserved number to give the number to the name of the registration. I always send a print out of the FAA reservation page showing that N-number in my name.

What if it is the same name, but the reserved N number has a different address?

Back