What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 and the Photo Mission

ArlingtonRV

Well Known Member
7/15/22 was a pretty nice day in these parts. The sun was out, it wasn't too hot or too windy, the clouds cooperated by remaining mostly out of our way.

Aside from getting lunch, one reason for the trip was to try to get some air to air photography, or in this case video, because I was looking for a clip I could use as an end screen for my videos. For a first attempt, I think it turned out fairly well.

We took off from Chehalis together and so he wouldn't get too far ahead and have to wait for me to catch up, Carl used a lower power setting so I could keep up (his airplane is about 8-10 MPH faster than mine).

After I made the fly past that I wanted filmed, he formed up on me. I had the camera out to get some video of him, but just as he came into frame, I had to turn to avoid a cloud bank that was right at our altitude. Since there were a lot more clouds to the west, we just went home and called it a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRzb0xLSrGQ Or click on photo.

Last edited:
Back