What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

cummins

HansLab

Well Known Member
I'm in the process of adding a long-desired dream to my '12: a shiny, polished Cummins spinner. It took some time to get it, as it took to figure out how to process things (e.g. it comes without the opening for the blades) but I'm convinced of the end result. Cummins' website provides a lot of info, and there's always good old YouTube.
How wonderful it is to be in the shop again with some manufacturing to do!! One should almost think of another project, again ;-)
I'll keep you posted with results ('bout the spinner).

I'm in the process of adding a long-desired dream to my '12: a shiny, polished Cummins spinner. It took some time to get it, as it took to figure out how to process things (e.g. it comes without the opening for the blades) but I'm convinced of the end result. Cummins' website provides a lot of info, and there's always good old YouTube.
How wonderful it is to be in the shop again with some manufacturing to do!! One should almost think of another project, again ;-)

Looking forward to the end result👍

How are you dealing with the pitot hole in the spinner?

piot hole

Eas enough: I asked Cummins to provide that one, after all he's got the thing in a lathe (or what they call it) and can easily see the middle of it. Years ago I asked him and he wouldn't do it (dunno why not), but now it appeared no problem. Enlarged it, put the nylon in, and that's that.
We will see whether or not it is central enough, though. scary.....

Back