What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Free Panel Design Website

EXTAAFLY

Well Known Member
Free Panel Design Website

I was using one recently that was promoted here. Haven't been able to find it and didn't bookmark it:rolleyes: Does anybody have a link? Did the site go down?

Thanks

I played around with XPanel Software. https://www.xpanelsoftware.com/

At a quick glance, eHangar looks pretty easy to use, but XPanel appears to have a much larger database of instruments, avionics, gauge, and switch options than eHangar.

If you find my Panel Designer missing any panel templates and/or instruments, please let me know and I will add them ASAP.

I'm currently OCONUS and flying most days, so I may not be able to respond or add new items right away, but if I am off, I will do my best to take care of all requests as quickly as possible...Thanks!

It was the one thing I found challenging when I was looking for my 8, no std panel layout, a lot where an ergonomic disaster! Luckily I found a panel layout that represented the industry std, that's rare!

If you find my Panel Designer missing any panel templates and/or instruments, please let me know and I will add them ASAP.

I'm currently OCONUS and flying most days, so I may not be able to respond or add new items right away, but if I am off, I will do my best to take care of all requests as quickly as possible...Thanks!

Good to know it's actively supported! I see a lot of the "new glass" is there (which it seems like most people are using for new panel designs anyways). But for upgrading existing equipment, it would be nice to have some "legacy" instruments/avionics, too. I don't recall seeing anything from the following companies - some old, some new:

PSEngineering, Stratus, Avidyne, Bendix/King, S-Tec, VAL, Icom

I know there are some ways to work with this (i.e. Avidyne IFD440 is the same form factor as GNS-430), but adding them would give it a much more polished feel.

New Panel Designer Equipment

Here's the latest equipment added the Panel Designer...Thank you for your continued input and support!

PS Engineering:
PDA360EX
PMA8000B
PMA7000M-BT
PMA6000B
PMA4000-S
PMA4000-R
PMA450B
PAR200A
PM500EX
PM1200
PM3000
PM1000-II

Appareo:
Stratus ES
USB Power

Avidyne:
IFD550
IFD545
IFD540
IFD510
IFD440
IFD410
AXP340
AMX240
DFC90

*If any of you are interesting in helping out with the site...please let me know!

Mac Friendly Panel Software

Does anyone know of a panel designing program that works well with an Apple Mac? Does SolidWorks run ok on a Mac in emulation (ie.Bootcamp or Parallels)?

Related question: does the SolidWorks version from EAA have a good selection of drag and drop instrument and avionics, etc (switches, CBs...) templates?

George

Back