What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

List Your Serial Number here!

Glad to be here, I will need the help.

Welcome to VAF! We're all glad you're here and you're in the right place for help. This is a great resource. Better to ask questions than order new parts (but you'll do that some too. I just received a new FL-1005-L flap rib today ;))

wing kit 14073 has arrived and has been uncrated. Inventorying this week.

I had 3 people help move the crates off the truck. It was nice and uneventful with 4 people. Semi backed up about half way up the driveway.

cheers

ken

wing kit 14073 has arrived and has been uncrated. Inventorying this week.

I had 3 people help move the crates off the truck. It was nice and uneventful with 4 people. Semi backed up about half way up the driveway.

cheers

ken

did the driver help you?

OKZ

There's a new pair of -14 wings in Sandersville, Ga. at Ray Lawrence's builder assist hangar. I seem to remember the serial # as 69 but maybe not.

Best,

The only thing the driver did was to move the crated to the end of the truck. I had enough help so the driver really did not need to do anything (so I don't know if he would have helped if I asked). The truck did have a lift gate, but we did not use it. The lift gate is not useful for the long box with wing spars. The kit was delivered in a semi, but they would have brought it in a 24 ft truck if I really wanted them to.

I think that I could have done it with two people as long as you have a dolly to roll the crates on. One crate was 180 lbs the other was 220 lbs. The one with the skins is pretty big and akward.

The only thing the driver did was to move the crated to the end of the truck. I had enough help so the driver really did not need to do anything (so I don't know if he would have helped if I asked). The truck did have a lift gate, but we did not use it. The lift gate is not useful for the long box with wing spars. The kit was delivered in a semi, but they would have brought it in a 24 ft truck if I really wanted them to.

I think that I could have done it with two people as long as you have a dolly to roll the crates on. One crate was 180 lbs the other was 220 lbs. The one with the skins is pretty big and akward.

Thanks for the info.

Wing Set On Order

Well after much contemplating, I was going to wait for the tail, but they are going to fill all tail orders to those already having wings, so with almost 100 wings ordered, it may be a while until I get the tail. So I decided to jump all in. I would like to thank everyone who contributes on the forums and also to those builders that have websites to post their progress. I have been watching the builds. Now the waiting, then the marathon.:D

Wing Kit #070 is now in

After few phone calls and many emails to sort out the paperwork for transport and custom clearance, the wing kit finally got here. !!:D

Lets take a pause to attend AirVenture and on return start pounding rivets.!

Serial #74 will be delivered to my house on Monday!

I was curious, how much is your freight charge that you are paying the freight company. Mine is $477.69 which includes lift gate. I was surprise how high this is.

Freight Charges

I paid $238 and I'm in Denver, which is about halfway to Florida, so your amount seems in line with the distance traveled.

Freight charges

Serial #74 will be delivered to my house on Monday!

I was curious, how much is your freight charge that you are paying the freight company. Mine is $477.69 which includes lift gate. I was surprise how high this is.

I've paid about $530 down to here which is around 300 miles north-west of Montreal. That makes 2,600 miles from Aurora Oregon by road.

Hi Group, I'm excited to report my wings have arrived today! #74

I'm un-crating the boxes and getting set to inventory. One of the boxes has some damage on the side but fortunately nothing was broken as nothing butted up right against it. This is the side with the composite wing tips too so I was lucky.

Here is a few pics for those still waiting.

2rhu2xu.jpg

2u4qb6f.jpg

2i0zn2g.jpg

2i7wob6.jpg

I'm happy to report wing kit 140078 has made it to ND this morning in good shape for $294 no lift gate.

Looks like a real nice kit, Joe

Suffering crates...

I was looking at Tom's picture and it looks like his crates have suffered of similar abuses as mine (and other builder's for that matter).

As if the red arrows and dollar signs painted out on sides of the crates are invitation to punch them at these specific spots. ! :D

IMG_0798_zps05b84e11.jpg

Serial #140089

Ordered empennage kit on July 27. Now I have to wait 9 more weeks to go and pick it up!:D Can't wait that long!

How did you get your serial # when you ordered your kit? I got a return email that said they received my order and $1000 has been taken off my credit card so I am just curious if I should ask for this.

Thanks,

Jim

Serial number

Fellow RV 14 folks

I got notice that my wing kit will ship the week of September 21. My serial number is 140095. I have the bank sending the $ transfer the week before. It looks like 100 kits should hit any time.

Steve

Serial #140091

I ordered my tail kit on July 30th. Serial number 140091. Currently working on the airfoil practice project and getting my shop set up. I can't believe how much I have spent on tools to complete the practice project!

I ordered my tail kit on July 30th. Serial number 140091. Currently working on the airfoil practice project and getting my shop set up. I can't believe how much I have spent on tools to complete the practice project!

Are you doing the tail before the wings?

Are you doing the tail before the wings?

Yes I'm going to do the tail first. Hopefully by the time I'm finished with the tail, a quick build option will be available for the wings and fuselage, but if not, I'll go ahead and order the standard wing kit. I have learned a lot from you pioneer wing builders!

Yes I'm going to do the tail first. Hopefully by the time I'm finished with the tail, a quick build option will be available for the wings and fuselage, but if not, I'll go ahead and order the standard wing kit. I have learned a lot from you pioneer wing builders!

Ha- you are the pioneer now!

Serial #140093

I ordered the empennage and wing kits at Oshkosh. I told them to hold off on shipping until the empennage kit was ready so they could ship together.

I just got my delivery notice for both kits - the first week of November.

This is my second airplane. I finished a Sonex in 2010. I have about 230 hours on it. I really miss building and knew I would build another, just took awhile to figure out which one.

Bob Meyers Serial #140093

Sonex N982SX http://n982sx.com
RV 14 N626KM (reserved) http://n626km.com

Last edited:
My Christmas present has arrived.

Wing Kit has finally arrived! Now I can start using the $7,000 worth of tools I have accumulated waiting! My shipment was through Old Dominion and the crates looked like they walked them to me from Van's. Immaculate condition. Time for inventory and drilling some holes!
vy3z21.jpg

Let the fun begin!

Just ordered my Wing kit today! One more round of tool purchases and a couple of benches to go and I'll be all set for the kit arrival.

Cheers Jim

Last edited:
Tom,

No serial number yet, just a nice reply acknowledging the order. I'm planning a taildragger. I elected to go with the wing kit initially as this is my first build and wanted a bigger base of knowledge to draw from. It should be fun experience.

Cheers Jim

Last edited:
140103. The truck with my wings and tail kit is scheduled to arrive tomorrow afternoon, invoice and serial number were waiting in the mail when I got home from work today :)

I bought Scott Hersha's RV -14 wings. I now have kit# 140016 and have received the empennage package from Vans.

Builder Serial No

I'm 140120.

Have built an RV-3, RV-8 and RV-12. Still flying the RV-8

Having the fuel tanks built by Evan's Aviation

Back