What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Recommendations for RV mechanic in SoCal

DavidHarris

Well Known Member
Can anyone recommend a shop or independent mechanic, preferably in SoCal or a reasonable flight from there, who is skilled with RVs?

My RV7A brakes have been fussy. I've taken them apart a few times over 300 hours and made them a bit better, but at this point I'm ready to pay a good mechanic for their expertise.

Thank you,

David Harris

I moved out of SoCAL 9-years ago. I see you are in Upland where I was based. Go talk to my good friend Fred LaForge at Cable Airport and get his opinion. Fred is a retired machinist that has had several airplanes including an RV-4 and Harmon Rocket II that he built. Fred has one of the best mechanical minds that I have met. If that does not work, see out some of the guys that have RVs at Cable Airport for recommendations.

Can anyone recommend a shop or independent mechanic, preferably in SoCal or a reasonable flight from there, who is skilled with RVs?

My RV7A brakes have been fussy. I've taken them apart a few times over 300 hours and made them a bit better, but at this point I'm ready to pay a good mechanic for their expertise.

Thank you,

David Harris

There is at least one in KAJO. PM me for contact information

John carpenter out of KWHP. I
He is top notch.
Pm me for his cell if interested.

Back