What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EDW Airshow October 15-16, 2022

RV6_flyer

Well Known Member
Benefactor
Edward's Air Force Base is hosting an airshow this weekend October 15-16, 2022. This is the first airshow at EDW in 13 years.

The Dawn Patrol RV Formation team is scheduled to perform.

Home-cable-airshow-1.jpg

That was some terrific flying! Thank you for showing the Edwards crowd a little bit of what RVs can do!

(Some quick photo edits from the airport. More and better ones later in the week after I get back home).

3fDCPxi.png

(Didn't I just see that airplane on the cover of Sport Aviation? ;] )

bAFzoEI.png

8uk1cHS.png

LmKcM3i.png

kjVP2CU.png

UJmfeNA.png

I Was There - 1991

Back in the day - Dave Anders, Keith Livingston & I were invited to bring our RV4's down to EDW for display at their Open House airport day, after arriving the day before - so we stayed all night with hosts (at least mine) from Rosamond Airpark.

A lot of "red tape", including insurance requirements, arrival procedures and security for the airplanes once parked, made the whole process a bit more onerous.

It all went well, except the Air Force forgot to tell us, on departure, they had filed VFR flight plans for us - oops! The Feds came looking for me when the time ran out, and I had to plead ignorance of the whole thing.

Hope they didn't do the same thing to the participants this year.

I have to admit, it was a lot of fun to land on the first 1000' of EDW's 15,000 runway!

YMMV - but I bet won't be duplicated.

HFS
RV4 S/N 1136 Built, Flying, Sold

Watched the airshow on Friday from my office on the base, but Saturday and Sunday was a quick glimpse from the air as I did an out and back to Phoenix in the Rocket to look at a house. On Saturday morning I found myself nose to nose with a C-17 (not unusual for this airspace) and Sunday, just before this picture was taken, the RV formation was calling Josh Approach to exit R-2515 to Cajon Pass.

Hey Rosie - Why are you always left wing low in these pictures? ;)

Attachments

• EDW.jpg
    EDW.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 88
Back