What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel tank flange or bung

whodja

Friend
I want to install a fuel line return for my planned EFii system. I have a QB wings and the tank is sealed. EFii calls for a 3/8" line. They sell a bung with AN fitting and Spruce has a brass tank access fitting; Part # 15-06130 1/4" NPT. Obviously my concern is location and size along with removing metal from the drilling.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Tal Holloway

Welcome to VAF!

Tal, welcome aboard the good ship VAF.

I have a return line for the purge valve on my Airflow Perf system, I just used a bulkhead fitting, installed right above the fuel sending access cover plate. Only one hole to drill, no riveting.

Easy to install, easy chip control.

Installing a 3/8" AN bulkhead fitting is the easiest - assuming you are gaining access via the fuel sender hole. As these are quick build tanks you will need to break the fuel sender gasket seal, install the bulkhead fitting, seal the inside and outside of the bulkhead fitting with pro-seal, then reinstall the fuel sender using pro-seal on both sides of the fuel sender gasket.

Install the AN bulkhead fitting with the lock nut on the outside of the tank.

As this is a return line location is not important. Be wary however to keep it up off where the tank fits into the spar so you don't run into trouble.

Carl

Back