What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Transition Training with Bruce Bohannon

goatflieg

Well Known Member
For the past week I've been in Texas getting my transition training from the legendary Bruce Bohannon in his RV-8. With his blessing, I am now a Qualified RV-8 Pilot. He has worked with me diligently and ascertained that I have shown the required skills. Am I experienced or proficient? Heck no. But like most pilot ratings, this is a license to learn; specifically to learn to speak RV-8. I can now communicate with my aircraft, and with (lots) more practice I can master the dialect. Much thanks to Bruce for his patience and encouragement; this has been (and will continue to be) a huge learning experience that I will carry in my heart and mind forever. Plus, it was a lot of fun!
AM-JKLUnd52vB3fB7Oc-RrmQe1Sz5-T6ye7ByWFnpHYT8pdt9VbTby8rH0P4452ZZkSApuYt3oRok8aZGgIbOlzD14BZ_Fbum1EMqdHIIh-9B5VR0TDlmNbywuhmQrdG00L6eaAYhlTj6YOpj21C3aqsm3tr=w900-h676

AM-JKLXDD0mXgJX5H83RjDA56ct_8oT_2yjLy-IYmbWfaKWJUtv_v1ICxxpuXlZ2dTzfgyLo_EMVw388kWfQY9pt7dp9dHrfoBZCFZQHRu6m-FTmsA15FMqLNp-5dzaKvpc-PqAwlEkX1dpplWwy9EfHClcq=w900-h600

Do you mind if I ask how much he charges?? I already fly an 8, but I'll bet he could teach me a thing or 2.:D:D Does he also do acro training?? (I do acro in my 8, but I'm Sloppy-y-y-y-y-y-y):eek::eek:)

Do you mind if I ask how much he charges?? I already fly an 8, but I'll bet he could teach me a thing or 2.:D:D Does he also do acro training?? (I do acro in my 8, but I'm Sloppy-y-y-y-y-y-y):eek::eek:)

$300/hr. in the RV-8. He does teach acro; in the -8 and the Pitts; perhaps even in the Legend Cub. He can teach any pilot a LOT of good stuff. His contact info is available if you look up his airport 81D.

Back