What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon D2

GaryStofer

Dynon D2 pocket panel.

Has anyone any idea where to get the original Firmware for this.

I upgraded to the latest version and now the unit is stuck indicating +2 G's and the permanent message "Horizon Recovering". Sometimes it starts rolling sitting on the desk. Completely unusable .

Thanks
gary

WARNING Do NOT update your D2

SEE post above -- Dynon says "Sorry our FW corrupted your device" -- We don't allow you to downgrade the SW to an earlier version. You are on your own -- Use it as a door stop if you like.

Never ever going to buy anything from them again!

SEE post above -- Dynon says "Sorry our FW corrupted your device" -- We don't allow you to downgrade the SW to an earlier version. You are on your own -- Use it as a door stop if you like.

Are you saying that the update corrupted the unit and Dynon won't help? If so, that is pretty poor service. Can't you send it in for them to resolve?

Lary

The D2 won't allow loading an older version of SW, at this point the only option is to send it to us and we will attempt to recover it.

There's nothing in your [original] post above to suggest any response from Dynon along those lines...

That being said, I - and a great many others on VAF - have had great service from the folks at Dynon to the point one of their techs wrote a custom piece of code to stop an annoying backup battery warning on my SkyView system - though it probably only took 'em half his morning coffee to do it - so I'm surprised to hear a suggestion they've washed their hands of your situation.

I'd follow Don Jones's advice and get an RMA and see if their tech gurus can reload either the original or the upgraded firmware if you like your D2.

There's nothing in your [original] post above to suggest any response from Dynon along those lines...

That being said, I - and a great many others on VAF - have had great service from the folks at Dynon to the point one of their techs wrote a custom piece of code to stop an annoying backup battery warning on my SkyView system - though it probably only took 'em half his morning coffee to do it - so I'm surprised to hear a suggestion they've washed their hands of your situation.

I'd follow Don Jones's advice and get an RMA and see if their tech gurus can reload either the original or the upgraded firmware if you like your D2.
No, Dynon Service rep said they could not reprogram the D2 either -- Only option they gave me was to buy a D3 and get a measly $150 discount in exchange for the 2.

I did that and they sent me a broken one they said it was new but the external antenna never worked right and they wouldn't fix it, so I'll never buy dynon again GRT all the way

Back