What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair Gascolator - Mogas

ExtraKatana

Well Known Member
I have an Andair Gascolator on my 8. The Andair site states it is of all aluminum construction but the frame inside the housing that holds the filter(the replaceable part with the male threads)appears to be plastic. I can't find any information on the site about this. Curious if there have been any issues with non-ethanol mogas and this plastic material. If any one has used this combo, would appreciate your input.

Last edited:
Gascolator

I have 3 of these on my RV-9A. I mostly use Mogas with ethanol, but have used pure mogas and 100LL. The gascolators are 14 years old and have about 1300 hours on them. They appear to be in new condition every annual. I clean the filters and replace the o-rings every year. I don’t see any deterioration of the plastic.

-Andy

Good to know. Thank you. A separate question after I looked at replacement cost for the screen… Has anyone source them here in the US? It appears that the screen is north of $60.

Back