What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hardware source?

RV Wannabe

Well Known Member
Hi.
I am finishing up a condition inspection and putting everything back together. I am frustrating myself with a shortage of screws. Being stingy with my limited supply and or just not having any, or the right sizes to replace stripped heads.
Where is the most economical place to buy screws? Especially SS countersunk headed? I want to buy a bunch of each size to have on hand for a number of years.
Thanks in advance.
Mark

I just get them from Van’s. order a hundred here and there whenever I put in an order for anything else. You can never have too many.
Cheers DaveH

I see you're located in Illinois, I'd order from Aircraft Spruce or Wicks if I were you, they're closer for you.

I usually end up just ordering from Spruce, although I did just get a few hundred screws of various types from a company called Fastenere, which went well. I've also been pleased with Military Fasteners. Spruce ships quick. Their big downside is shipping costs...it's almost unheard of that shipping for these small parts isn't much more expensive than what you're ordering. I've tried Van's in the past...their website is just too hard for me to navigate, and they are (were) very slow to ship. Maybe things have improved lately, but that seems unlikely.

Oshkosh is coming up. I usually stop in to one of the tents and pick up a few bags of various hardware from one of the vendors. Not sure if you can wait until the summer for the stuff you need though...

:) John

AS

Aircraft Spruce. If order is small items physically, I use USPS First Class…slow,but much cheaper with small packages.

Back