What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aero Composite Props

Plummit

Well Known Member
My Aero Composite prop is starting to sling grease (again) after doing really well since the last overhaul. I called American Propeller service to make arrangements to have it re-sealed and was told that they no longer work on AC props due to liability issues. Anyone know of a source that can re-seal a prop?

-Marc

Aero Composite Prop

Try Tiffin Air, they worked on my AC prop several years ago and did a good job. They are located in Tiffin Ohio.
Val K.

Santa Monica Propeller

I just found out that Santa Monica propeller will work on Aero Composite props. I'm pretty sure that when I called them in 2018 they told me "No Experimentals". They won't issue an 8130 but that's fine with me. At least we have another way to go for these props.

-Marc

I just found out that Santa Monica propeller will work on Aero Composite props. I'm pretty sure that when I called them in 2018 they told me "No Experimentals". They won't issue an 8130 but that's fine with me. At least we have another way to go for these props.

I am having the same issue with my AC prop and American told me the exact same thing. Good to know Santa Monica Propeller will service them; however, when I try their website, it says the domain is not connected to a website? What business, in this day and age, does not maintain a website? I've got a new Whirlwind 330 series 3-blade sitting ready for install and waiting for a spinner but I thought it would be a good idea to reseal my AC prop to either sell or throw on another project.

I'll call them tomorrow.

By all means give them a call. I found the same thing with regards to their website. It doesn't bother me too much as I didn't have a web site when I ran a business as a Plumbing Contractor. Couldn't plumb with bits and bites....

You may want to check around your local area to see if there might be a small prop shop closer. Ask local A&P's who they recommend.

-Marc

Back