What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Some help from a 14 builder needed

Freemasm

Well Known Member
Background:
My build needs FW mounted batteries for W&B purposes. Was considering utilizing 525 size for the slight performance and weight benefits but will probably go 680s because I'd like to finish this project before I'm dead. The 14 utilizes FW mounted batteries but doesn't come as a "kit" on the Vans store and there's not enough info there to blindly order. Someone was kind enough to share the pic below.

Would appreciate:
info on all of the Vans parts needed for a 14 build. I pic of the associated drawing would probably be fine; or,
If anyone did a 525 or 680 FW mount that could share some details.

Your help here would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• FW 625 mount.jpg
    FW 625 mount.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
I was wondering what deviation from plans have you made that you think you will have a W&B issue. I know of standard 14 with even an EarthX battery which is much lighter than the standard and they have not had W&B issue.

I suggest calling Vans and asking for the related drawings. I recently built a new front seat back for my Rocket from RV-8 parts. The Vans staff were very helpful and sent me the drawings that listed all of the part numbers so I could order them.

Thanks

Thanks Danny and thanks to other unnamed VAF'ers for the PMs. Got a .pdf of 43-2 from the RV14 manual which shows the required parts.

Man are those later model RV manuals nice.

Back