What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Echo UAT and GTX 327

rondawes

Well Known Member
I've asked this of Uavionix but their ticket system say an answer will be 3-5 days and the phone line just takes a message. This is reference to the RV-7A that is new to me.

I have an EchoUAT with SkyFX and a GTX 327 transponder. There is a serial line out (TX) on pin 20 from the 327 into (RX) comm 1 on pin 4 of the EchoUAT. My question is what should the data format be set to on the 327? Icarus Alt or Remote?

Thanks!

Echo UAT + GTX 327

I have the same setup. Your Garmin GTX 327 should be set to remote.
In my case I had to add the Echo MUX, after that it has worked great for 2 years.

Gary

I've asked this of Uavionix but their ticket system say an answer will be 3-5 days and the phone line just takes a message. This is reference to the RV-7A that is new to me.

I have an EchoUAT with SkyFX and a GTX 327 transponder. There is a serial line out (TX) on pin 20 from the 327 into (RX) comm 1 on pin 4 of the EchoUAT. My question is what should the data format be set to on the 327? Icarus Alt or Remote?

Thanks!

Unless you have a specific need the hard wire connection the the 327, you will save time using the "sniffing" method over the power connection to the Echo. I personally know of 3 RVs using that same set up, including mine that work great without the hard wire to the 327. All perfect reports back from the FAA the first time.

I’d pick hard wired over wireless every time. There are no extra knobs to tune, don’t pass go, don’t collect $200, the GTX continuously spits out its squawk code over rs-232 and the echo knows what to do if you are being interrogated or not.

Plus, you get real anonymous mode which I prefer.

Never could get the hard wire to work on my 327/Echo combination. Struggled with it for quite a while before I tried the sniffer mode and that fixed it. Have not experienced any issues staying anonymous either.

Back