What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Approach Chart Display

Flyyak

Well Known Member
Friend
Recently downloaded the software update for 650xi and the data updates for the 650xi and G3X which included the Charts on the G3X. Flying approaches today but I could not get the approach charts to display. Has anyone had a similar issue?

Recently downloaded the software update for 650xi and the data updates for the 650xi and G3X which included the Charts on the G3X. Flying approaches today but I could not get the approach charts to display. Has anyone had a similar issue?

No. What happened when you were unable to get the approach charts to display? Any photos or videos?

The map would display, both VFR and IFR sectionals but no approach plates. In the past, no problem if the approach is loaded in your navigator, 650xi, then the approach plate will display as indicated in the pilots guide. I could only get the map to display

Thanks for the replies. I think I was once again missing the correct button pushing sequence. All my data software was up to date and I was in the middle of instruction/ training biannual where I was receiving multiple training ATC(from instructor) scenarios and I did not push/select the waypoint page then the chart page. Our friend and Garmin Guru, Steve, helped me and reminded me of the correct sequence and today all was well.

My friend/ instructor is a high time pilot and has commented how great the G3X with a GTN navigator and our Garmin autopilot are. We are really fortunate to have such great equipment which I am sure we all recognize as some of the greatest safety equipment in aviation. Our avionics coupled with the great Van’s RV’s make us the envy of the flight line.

Back