What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

T-duct on EXP119

Mark Albery

Well Known Member
The OP62 plans are not very clear about mounting vent-00002 on the RV-14. All the detail photos are only relevant to the 14A.

Do we use the same bushing arrangement as in OP 62-17 fig 2A?

Do we align the left hand adel clamps to route the scat through the loop in the oil cooler hose?

A clear photo of a finished installation would be much appreciated

The OP62 plans are not very clear about mounting vent-00002 on the RV-14. All the detail photos are only relevant to the 14A.

Do we use the same bushing arrangement as in OP 62-17 fig 2A?

Do we align the left hand adel clamps to route the scat through the loop in the oil cooler hose?

A clear photo of a finished installation would be much appreciated

It just occurred to me that you are probably building a taildragger, but I took some photos of my install on my -14A to show you how I did it. Might not help, but just in case.

BTW, the plans should have us build the passenger heater vent bits before the lump of an engine is on there. I had to 'glue' the cover on the bottom of the vent tube with fuel tank sealant. Drilling out rivets and then putting in new ones at this point is impossible.

Pass Heater Blocked Off.jpg

Scat Tubes to  Starb Heater.jpg

rockitdoc - Thanks. But, as you say, the tailwheel layout is quite different to the nosewheel and the photo in OP62 is of no use . I think I have it sorted now, and the passenger vent mod is not a problem on the tailwheel setup.

The shuffling to and fro between the main plans and OP62 is rather frustrating and it would be very helpful if they would advise on which sections should/must be completed before you start on a new section.

I have delayed the cowl installation as I'm waiting for a propeller, but have been working on later sections hoping that they won't interfere with fitting the cowl later!

Back