What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seattle Avionics has canceled their 'Lifetime' Subsccriptions (Not!)

n74846

Well Known Member
I've had been unable to download my Seattle Avionics charts from DataManager. I contacted the company today and they advised that with their new software manager they have terminated all lifetime subscriptions! I am now forced into another annual subscription after paying for 'lifetime'. Are others having this issue? How can they arbitrarily decide to no longer honor that? Class action??

I don't see how that can be. I just checked my account. Its shows my subscription is valid till 2101.

I'm going to log into the data manager and try and download as soon as my computer is done updating.:eek:

Data Manager started up and started downloading new chart data in the background as soon as Windows restarted.

I'm running Data Manager on Win10, running through Parallels on a Macbook Pro. No problems!

I don't understand it either, but their tech support person reviewed the account (I have receipt), and said that with company changes, etc. that they have discontinued it and was changed a new annual fee. I want to know if others have had this issue?

From Seattle Avionics

Q: Steve, are you still at Seattle Avionics?

Hi Jim.

A: Yes

Q: Rumors of lifetime subscriptions being cancelled. Any truth?

A: Definitely not. Total garbage. No idea where you got that.

Thanks,
Steve Podradchik

Head of Navigational Data and Production
[email protected]
Office: +1.425.806.0249

I contacted Steve Podradchik , the CEO at SA who clarified there has been no change. For whatever reason my subscription had been terminated and the tech person gave me the story that I had to pay again. The issue has been resolved and I am getting the download as I type. Thanks for your feedback and interest.

I am again a happy camper with SA and my Skyview subscription. Sometimes kicking the issue up a notch or two gets things resolved. Thanks to Steve P. for his quick clarification and resolution.

Back