What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

pitot/static test

Don’t know about Garmin, but if you’ve got a Dynon system, see section 5–20 of the installation manual.

Attachments

• 1651719A-E065-43E6-8546-916F9BE592E3.jpg
    1651719A-E065-43E6-8546-916F9BE592E3.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 155
What precautions should I take for the A/P to do a Pitot/Static test on the 12

What precautions? I did both pitot and static testing in my annual/condition inspection in April. I've flown, and used the autopilot, since and all seemed fine. Is there anything in particular I should test/check?

Bob Y is referring to the Dynon’s Pitot/Static Test Mode as described in the page he included. The page also describes the rational for using the test mode.

So to answer the OP question, give your AP the Dynon procedure for testing the pitot/static system. As I recall there are some other cautions as well to avoid damaging the system due to over pressure.

Bob Y is referring to the Dynon’s Pitot/Static Test Mode as described in the page he included. The page also describes the rational for using the test mode.

I'm just curious what damages may occur so that I can check for them in a controlled manner rather than finding out about damages in flight.

Suggest you reach out to Dynon to give you an authoritative answer. Not sure from the description if it the calibration impact on the ADAHRS is permanent or requires factory recalibration.

Back