What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any one get GRT EIS to play nice with Dynon or Garmin G3X

gmcjetpilot

Well Known Member
I have a GRT EIS monitor which has it's own control and display head. The display is rudimentary but the control head has serial out that works with GRT EFIS displays....

Anyone able to get the the GRT EIS (Engine Indication System) to talk to the other EFIS made by Dynon or Garmin G3x?

I have a GRT EIS monitor which has it's own control and display head. The display is rudimentary but the control head has serial out that works with GRT EFIS displays....

Anyone able to get the the GRT EIS (Engine Indication System) to talk to the other EFIS made by Dynon or Garmin G3x?

It's unlikely that this can be done. The GRT EIS serial data does not follow any industry standard for engine data and since Garmin and Dynon have their own engine monitoring solutions they have no incentive to support GRT.

Skylor

If will connect and work with the Advanced Flight AF-5600 EFIS.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems - Dynon Avionics

I solved the problem. I went all GRT.... like the company, people, and with airshow discount it was cheaper to buy and no charge for updates. Future upgrade and repair if ever needed will be less than the big TWO (Garmin/Dynon).

A different take …

It's unlikely that this can be done. The GRT EIS serial data does not follow any industry standard for engine data and since Garmin and Dynon have their own engine monitoring solutions they have no incentive to support GRT.

Skylor

“Standard for engine data” ….

Since they have been making the EIS for a long time, in SOME circles it is a/the standard. The real question, as you correctly point out is whether manufactures have enough incentive to make things work (the second part of your comments which is VERY valid).

I suspect that an innovative company could chose to use the data and somewhere there probably is such.

You da man Rob Hickman!!

“Standard for engine data” ….

Since they have been making the EIS for a long time, in SOME circles it is a/the standard. The real question, as you correctly point out is whether manufactures have enough incentive to make things work (the second part of your comments which is VERY valid).

I suspect that an innovative company could chose to use the data and somewhere there probably is such.

Advanced Flight Systems’ Rob Hickman just made my point.

I solved the problem. I went all GRT.... like the company, people, and with airshow discount it was cheaper to buy and no charge for updates. Future upgrade and repair if ever needed will be less than the big TWO (Garmin/Dynon).

Hi George, it will be great to have you in the GRT family to get your insights and rigor in setting it up and using it to its maximum potential.

Back