What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GPS 20A integration

rv8gibbo

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,
I'm running a GPS20A for WAAS compliance which makes an antenna for a GDU4** not necessary, I'm also running a GRL50R for ADSB IN, my question is does the GPS20A share GPS position with the 50R like it does with the GDU or is a second antenna necessary?

Many thanks
Gibbo

Hi Guys,
I'm running a GPS20A for WAAS compliance which makes an antenna for a GDU4** not necessary, I'm also running a GRL50R for ADSB IN, my question is does the GPS20A share GPS position with the 50R like it does with the GDU or is a second antenna necessary?

Many thanks
Gibbo
Gibbo,

Yes, the GDU 4XX should share its GPS data from the GPS 20A with the connected GDL 50R.

You can go to the Datalink Info page on the GDU 4XX and verify this. When the GPS Position says "Valid (External)", that means the GDL 50R is receiving its GPS data from an external GPS receiver.

GDL 5X Datalink.png

Steve

Gibbo,

Yes, the GDU 4XX should share its GPS data from the GPS 20A with the connected GDL 50R.

You can go to the Datalink Info page on the GDU 4XX and verify this. When the GPS Position says "Valid (External)", that means the GDL 50R is receiving its GPS data from an external GPS receiver.

View attachment 31693

Steve

Cheers Steve! I'll check it out..

I always install a GA26X on the PFD and G5, cheap insurance to ensure a GPS signal is always available.

Back