What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Headset hangers?

bhester

Well Known Member
Patron
Someone posted spring loaded headset hangers awhile back, can’t find the post. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Headset Hanger...and a bonus pic

Someone posted spring loaded headset hangers awhile back, can’t find the post. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Looks like you have a -7--if so, this won't help, but I'm attaching a photo of s spring steel holder that works well for -10s, other than that it provides no protection from "prying eyes" if you're parked outside on a trip and aren't using a cover. I'm sure there is a receipt somewhere in the files, but I don't know just where this one came from. It may have been part of the original interior package. That vendor is no longer in business.

A bit of thread drift, but I'll also attach a photo of the solution I found for front seat shoulder straps in the -10. I got tired of having to twist around and reach for them. Basically, these are "cell phone holster belt clips". Found them on Amazon (in the Aviation Department, of course!). As placed, they are easy to reach when belting in, and also easy to access before exiting the A/C at the end of a flight.

Attachments

• Headset Hanger.jpg
    Headset Hanger.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Shoulder Harness Hangers.jpg
    Shoulder Harness Hangers.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 141
Headset Hanger

Here's one made from a GoPro mount. It can be mounted anywhere you want and is removable. The second pic is the same mount point used to hang an Oxygen rig. The headset hanger is made from a length of 5/16 6061 hollow rod, threaded at each end for a #10 screw. The aluminum balls can be sourced cheap from McMaster Carr and come already threaded for #10. Add some black heat shrink and yer done.

i-bZMqnsG-L.jpg
i-xJwkbG7-L.jpg

Back