What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Zealand - South Island

Hi,

Liz and I are planning a trip to include three weeks touring South Island in a Campervan in late November/Early December 2019 and are looking for fellow RV owners in the area to catchup with, or maybe see if we can drop by at a strip or two along the way.

By way of information/exchange: We have an RV7 based at our own strip in Nottinghamshire UK and do a reasonable amount of flying in UK/Europe - we welcome flying or camping visitors here by arrangement (dependant on farming commitments) if anyone is in need of a place to stop off whilst in this neck of the woods and could easily be persuaded to share a flight on occasion - tough job etc..... :)

Strip details can be found here: www.sherwoodheritage.co.uk

Very much an initial enquiry at this stage but hopefully this might yield some leads to develop before our trip next November.

TIA for any advice or contacts.

Adrian Hatton

Last edited:
NZ South Island

Adrian:
I've sent a e/mail message
Am close to Croyden Aircraft Co. and can show you local Southern stuff as well.
Rv-3b plans build, and slow!
Neil Robertson
Invercargill NZ.

Ditto on the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre. Really outstanding museum especially for WWI airplanes. It features the World War I aircraft and artifact collection of Sir Peter Jackson -- Producer and Director of the Lord of the Rings films trilogy among other films. Jackson owns an aircraft restoration and manufacturing company that is dedicated to World War I and World War II airplanes.

New Zealand

I went to the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre. It is a world-class ,museum and definitely worth going to. I was surprised to see such a great museum in a small town in New Zealand.

Some excellent recomendations there - we?ll certainly look at fitting visits in.

Thanks also to those who have sent contact details, we?ll keep in touch over the next few months and hopefully tie in a catchup if we can.

These are REALLY timely. Thanks, guys.

My wife and I are heading to NZ for the month of March. We'll be hiring a car and driving both islands. Gotta get away from the miserable winter here in Canada :)

Back