What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV 10 available?

CJT

I am interested in buying New RV 10 project near completion, can devote 2-4 weeks of build time.

Last edited:
Translating this means you want to buy a flying RV-10. 2-4 weeks is trivial for any point in an RV-10 build.

Carl

2-4 weeks is just enough time to get some good maintenance done but not much in the build realm.

So you're looking for a new, build assist RV10.

https://saintaviation.com/newrv.html

I think is 2-4 weeks in Ecuador and a few more weeks in Dunellen over the course of a year or so for Jesse Saint and I'd bet he is booked out a year or two. Synergy is something like 3-4 months of your time spent over the course of a year or two. They have a backlog as well.

Translating this means you want to buy a flying RV-10. 2-4 weeks is trivial for any point in an RV-10 build.

Carl

When I talked to some builders, they said one needs to put 2-4 weeks, to be able to show to FAA , your contribution to be able to do self maintenance. Most builders have backlog of 2-3 years, and I have no experience with aircraft building, nor an inclination like you all 😁

When I talked to some builders, they said one needs to put 2-4 weeks, to be able to show to FAA , your contribution to be able to do self maintenance. Most builders have backlog of 2-3 years, and I have no experience with aircraft building, nor an inclination like you all 😁

I’d talk with different builders… ;-)

I think anyone can do maintenance on the RV10, even non-builder. You can modify it too, without any FAA approval. The trick is to legally sign off the yearly condition inspection.

When I talked to some builders, they said one needs to put 2-4 weeks, to be able to show to FAA , your contribution to be able to do self maintenance. Most builders have backlog of 2-3 years, and I have no experience with aircraft building, nor an inclination like you all ��

You can do all the maintenance you want, regardless of two weeks, or showing FAA anything.

The FAA repairman's certificate allows you to sign off the annual condition inspection, and there's no way you can actually meaningfully qualify for it by working on it for two weeks near the end of the project. That's not to say an FAA person can't be convinced somehow, but in the case you're describing someone else should really do the annual condition inspection. There are no shortcuts to safety.

2-4 weeks is just enough time to get some good maintenance done but not much in the build realm.

I think is 2-4 weeks in Ecuador and a few more weeks in Dunellen over the course of a year or so for Jesse Saint and I'd bet he is booked out a year or two. Synergy is something like 3-4 months of your time spent over the course of a year or two. They have a backlog as well.

Don't I wish. For a stock RV-10, you need to spend 26-30 weeks at Synergy and that assumes you buy QB wings and fuselage. I've been at Synergy off and on for 5+ years now (building two airplanes) and I've only seen one "stock" RV-10. Most builders that work with them build very custom airplanes and that takes even longer.

The end result, however, is a really well built airplane that is uniquely yours and you can be proud of (and some win awards, too!).

I am interested in buying New RV 10 project near completion, can devote 2-4 weeks of build time.

Just buy a flying RV-10. It might be hard to find one, but it will be easier than finding someone who's willing to sell one that's 2-4 weeks from completion.

Anyway, as mentioned, if self-maintenance is your goal, you don't need a repairman's certificate to work on your Experimental airplane.

Last edited:
Back