What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VPX Pro

pilotkms

Well Known Member
I need to change a power wire in my VPX. Installed the VPX 5 years ago so can’t recall the trick to unlock the connector to allow removal. Instructions do not address removal of connector from VPX body. Push the tab or pull the tab or ??? Have tried both and no success. Space also limited. Don’t want to break the tab. Any VPX sellers or users know the trick to remove the J12 connector ??

I need to change a power wire in my VPX. Installed the VPX 5 years ago so can’t recall the trick to unlock the connector to allow removal. Instructions do not address removal of connector from VPX body. Push the tab or pull the tab or ??? Have tried both and no success. Space also limited. Don’t want to break the tab. Any VPX sellers or users know the trick to remove the J12 connector ??

You’re correct. I couldn’t find the instructions on the tabs either. I actually broke one of the tabs and had to buy a new housing. I believe you have to push down on the back of the tab. You’re going to have to wiggle it as it becomes pretty set after not being unplugged for a while. To remove the pin, you have to use a screwdriver to push the black part of the housing back. Then you insert the pin removal tool in the tiny cut out above the pin hole. You’ll hear a little click, then you can remove the pin by pulling on the wire. Good luck.

Instruction manual is useless for removing the power connectors from the VPX body. Have emailed Chad for the secret. Will post here for future searches.

1. Squeeze tabs to connector then pull from vp-x. They're snug so it'll take some good wiggling (while still squeezing) to get it off.
2. Use a small flat screw driver at center edge to popup the inner locking cap from the outer shell.
3. Use the insert pin and fully seat it in the round hole to unlock pin from socket.
4. Pull pin/wire from connector.

Last edited:
Did you not…

Instruction manual is useless for removing the power connectors from the VPX body. Have emailed Chad for the secret. Will post here for future searches.

Did you not look at the link I posted? It shows exactly how to work with the connectors…

Chad’s reply

There is a push-tab on the top side of the connector that you push down and then pull the connector from the VPX. Should be able to do it by feel. The bottom of the connector is smooth, and the top has the push-tab.

Cheers,
Chad

Back