What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lake Norman Airpark North Carolina

bkilby

Well Known Member
I've got a college buddy who lives on Lake Norman north of Charlotte, and he's organizing a bunch of us to get together and go to the UGA/Clemson game in Charlotte. I see there is an airfield on Lake Norman. Weather is supposed to be blue skies and no rain so I am thinking of flying up from south of Atlanta. Are there ubers available in that area? My buddy lives on the lake and a bunch of the others are staying at a hotel in Mooresville which is also just off the lake. Any special procedures I need to be aware of for the airfield?

Landed there a couple months ago with fam inlaw in Troutman. Should be no prob for Uber but check the app to make sure.

There is a preferred t/o and landing direction because the runway has a slope but not required and depends on the winds.

Great people at FBO, they gave us a ride no charge to inlaws 5 miles away. Have a lot of tie down space but maybe call ahead if a busy weekend.

Took a minute to locate the runway amongst the trees but no issue.

Have fun, great little airpark that some nascar racers fly out of, etc.

I got permission to park at NC26 across the lake, and Enterprise in Mooresville was willing to pick me up there for a rental, probably would do the same for you.

We are headed out of town on Saturday or I would pick you up. I assume you are talking about 14A. Should not be a problem to get a Uber or cab. Preferred to land on 14 and depart on 32 unless winds dictate otherwise. Don’t overfly the school off the end of 32.

Back