What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Archer Antenna on RV-6

jacksel

Well Known Member
I have an Archer model 1 antenna on my RV-7 and I'm very happy with it. But my RV-6 has the older wing tips. It looks like it should fit but not sure if it should be mounted on the top or bottom because of the reverse curvature of the older wing tips. Does anyone know or have heard of anything on this. Also does metallic paint make a difference.

Thank you,

John Walsh

It mounts on the top on the older horner wing tips. No problem making it fit. Decreased performance from metallic paint is possible, but not an expert and can't really guess how much. So you know, most metallic paint doesn't contain metal.

Larry

Last edited:
I have an Archer model 1 antenna on my RV-7 and I'm very happy with it. But my RV-6 has the older wing tips. It looks like it should fit but not sure if it should be mounted on the top or bottom because of the reverse curvature of the older wing tips. Does anyone know or have heard of anything on this. Also does metallic paint make a difference.

Thank you,

John Walsh

Here is the install in my RV-6 many years ago:

http://home.hiwaay.net/~sbuc/journal/sportcraft.htm

Back