What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Will a deposit start my delivery clock?

nohoflyer

Well Known Member
Patron
I just saw that the fuselage lead times are 9 months. I have most of the money but not all. If I put a deposit down, does that start the countdown or do I need to pay in full?

It starts the clock but you will be asked to send them final payment before it goes to crating. Hope this helps....oh yea and once it hits crating you wait weeks before it gets shipped.

Keith

It starts the clock but you will be asked to send them final payment before it goes to crating. Hope this helps....oh yea and once it hits crating you wait weeks before it gets shipped.

Keith

Or even months…

For the wing kit that was just delivered to me last week:

Ordered in March.
They didn’t even ask me for a deposit until it “went to crating”.
It was being crated for over 3 months.
Final payment was made before the shipping company was involved.
Despite all that there was still a back ordered item missing from the kit.

Place your order as soon as you can.

Order placed. I’m afraid that I’ll have quite a bit of down time waiting for my fuse kit.

Order placed. I’m afraid that I’ll have quite a bit of down time waiting for my fuse kit.

I ordered my fuse and wings at the same time. Went quick build on the fuse so it’ll take a lot longer for delivery of that. Ordered it in March and they still haven’t asked for a deposit yet.

Back