What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Elevator trim calibration

Allan Stern

Well Known Member
My elevator trim does not want to calibrate on the GX3. The trim works and goes up and down. I am pulling 5volts at the white/orange wire. The white/blue wire shows it is grounded. And the white/green indicates nothing.

When I go to calibrate the unit on the GX3 there is no voltage change as the unit travels up and down from the neutral to full up and full down.

Any ideas what I might look at? Thanks

RV 14A 140507
N507PW
Almost ready

If you used the micro connector supplied in the kit I would first check the connector at the trim motor and work back from there. Those fragile pins can be problematic making a good connection. Be sure to check the pins are seated and the wires are crimped on. Give a light pull on each wire...I had others pull out in various connectors supplied in the main harness.

X5. Those micro molex connectors are problematic. I replaced them with better connectors.

Trim

Okay I will go look at them. I forgot to say that the gage flips up and down constantly on the screen, if that also helps?

Trim Input

Okay I will go look at them. I forgot to say that the gage flips up and down constantly on the screen, if that also helps?

Allan,

I would definitely take a close look at the wiring between the trim motor and the GEA 24. Please feel free to email us at [email protected] if you do not find any obvious errors in the connector or pinouts on the GEA side.

Thanks,

Justin

If you used the micro connector supplied in the kit I would first check the connector at the trim motor and work back from there. Those fragile pins can be problematic making a good connection. Be sure to check the pins are seated and the wires are crimped on. Give a light pull on each wire...I had others pull out in various connectors supplied in the main harness.

Plus one for this idea. They were very unreliable for me and the flap and aileron servos were replaced.

Trim

Are you using Vertical Power?

I had a similar problem caused by a conflict between the VPX config and the G3X. Same problem with flap position and aileron trim

Back