What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Installed a New Mag Today!

petehowell

Well Known Member
Got the call last week from the Boxer ladies that Magnolia had shattered her leg and needed a ride from Chicago area up to the Boxer vet here in Minne.

Just so happened that Sunday Wx looked pretty good, and I was planning to take Mom to lunch in South Bend anyway, so...... what the heck. I took out a seat, tossed in a sleeping bag and launched early with a nice tailwind.

Saw some ice jams on the big river.......
IMG_20150315_085437659_HDR.jpg

Turned the corner at Joliet and got a glimpse of the Windy City. This was my first trip with full ADS-B IN/OUT around Chicago. Money well spent. Mucho Traffic EVERYWHERE.....
IMG_20150315_102905841.jpg

Chicago%2520Traffic.jpg

Ice jams on the Big Lake!!
IMG_20150315_104022318.jpg

Nice long lunch with Mom and then on to KOXI to Meet Mags. Got some scrapes on the head and gimpy leg, but sweet as could be.
IMG_20150315_150220978.jpg

She had restful flight over the thawing tundra of Wisconsin.......
IMG_20150315_154312393.jpg

Long day, but I think I'll sleep just fine with Mags in good hands...........
IMG_20150315_152624991.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics Pete! It just so happens that I flew through that exact area Sunday as well. We were on our way back from Florida. That pooch looks pretty content.

Your pictures are always top notch, very nice Pete. Flying dogs is almost as much fun as flying with your kids!

Pete,
Great trip write up. You inspire me to be a better person. Mags looks content knowing she is in good hands.

Good Job, Pete! Nice report! Liked the report regarding the ADS-B IN/OUT. Your boxer reports are always well done with nice photos. How fortunate Mags is!

Back