What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Complimentary Update Question.

Chalkie

I could not find a dedicated Garmin thread. (My grand children are millennials.)

I have a "Single Complimentary Database Update" which came with my avionics package from Garmin / Stein Air.

I have tried to find where the 'freebies' are hidden on the fly.garmin website, but so far, no joy.

The 90 day validity was exceeded by a small amount (700 days) as I was building my RV-9. Previously Garmin did not apply the 90 day rule to Experimental builders.

Can someone advise on where / if there is a site for downloading an update?

Thanks.

You can redeem your free DB update by going to flygarmin dot com and in the same manner that you would update your DB but it will give you an option to put a coupon code. Then instead of purchasing, you put the code in the card which will give you one update.

Good luck

Thanks guys, I will have another try. Last time I tried, I could not find the route to the ;Enter coupon' field. All took me to the checkout queue...

It seems your 'freebie' coupons do not expire, they just need to be revalidated by someone at Garmin Support.

I emailed support and received an almost immediate response. Coupon numbers were suppled, revalidated and suddenly the free updates were there to be downloaded; but first I had to download the latest Garmin update app.

All worked fine and I now have a loaded SD card which needs to be inserted in the G3x to update.

Question now answered

Thank you Garmin Support for guiding a BC individual through the update process.

G3x and GNC 255A now updated. :)

Back