What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Aera 760 3D Vision

olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
On page 34 of the Aera 760 GPS manual it shows the options for 3D Vision setup are CONNEXT, INTERNAL or OFF for the attitude source. This “INTERNAL” setting should enable the built in internal AHRS. On my Aera 760 the only selections are CONNEXT and OFF and it does not have “INTERNAL” as an option.

I bought this GPS partially because it was advertised as having an internal AHRS. I have system software version 2.60 and just updated it within the last week when I received the unit. I sent an e-mail to G3Experts but anyone here on the forum know why I don’t I have the INTERNAL attitude source selection available?

Last edited:
Never mind, found it. Had to enable the “panel mount” function

Last edited:
On page 34 of the Aera 760 GPS manual it shows the options for 3D Vision setup are CONNEXT, INTERNAL or OFF for the attitude source. This “INTERNAL” setting should enable the built in internal AHRS. On my Aera 760 the only selections are CONNEXT and OFF and it does not have “INTERNAL” as an option.

I bought this GPS partially because it was advertised as having an internal AHRS. I have system software version 2.60 and just updated it within the last week when I received the unit. I sent an e-mail to G3Experts but anyone here on the forum know why I don’t I have the INTERNAL attitude source selection available?

Oly,

As explained on that manual page you attached above, you need to select "Menu, Enable Panel Mount" from the 3D Vision setup page to tell the unit that you have it firmly attached to the instrument panel and it is ok to enable and use the internal AHRS. That will enable the 3 choices.

EnablePanelMount1.png

EnablePanelMount.png

Steve

Steve
Just curious, does the 760 have to be mounted vertically in the panel to enable the internal AHRS? Mine is mounted horizontally below the EFIS and angled up (the old 496 angle mount). Also is the 375 AHRS "better" than the 760 internal sensor.
Figs

Steve
Just curious, does the 760 have to be mounted vertically in the panel to enable the internal AHRS? Mine is mounted horizontally below the EFIS and angled up (the old 496 angle mount). Also is the 375 AHRS "better" than the 760 internal sensor.
Figs

Hi Figs,

Yes, the internal attitude sensors in the Aera 760 may be used in either landscape or portrait mode.

In my opinion the attitude sensors in the GNX 375 and the Aera 760 are pretty comparable. None of these type attitude sensors are great compared to a serious ADAHRS like the G5 or GSU 25, but are better in a pinch than nothing.

Steve

Back