What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Carpet ?

bret

Well Known Member
Looking for experience of those who flew without and then added front carpet, as far as noise and comfort, looking at classic aero, a little pricey but (may) be worth it?

I didn't mind the noise or vibration without it, but my wife said it bothered her so much on her feet during a long trip that i had to put a piece of scrap carpet under her feet to placate her. Probably because she was wearing flimsy girly shoes she felt it more. Anyways, that was a good excuse to order carpet from Abby at Flightline - she was able to match the seats she already did for me. It's not here yet but I'm sure it will be a bit quieter as well as more comfortable for the CFO.

Chris

Classic Aero

Classic Aero carpet has sound deadening foam bonded to it. I have never flown without it but it has got to help. I also glued sound deadening foam to the inside of my firewall. This is what I used: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/soundproofinstall.php
It's a FAA approved thermal insulator also. It also looks very similar to that used on the Classic Aero carpet.

Last edited:
you put what on the fire wall? just kidding, don't say that too laud here....so I guess I'll go with some Classic Aero carpet.

I recently did two flights without carpet. The loud rumble was evident even with Lightspeed noise cancelling on. Put it new carpet, all is well now.
It is worth it.

The Airtex carpeting is great stuff. Pricey per yard, but I've looked and looked and never found it elsewhere.

Back