What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wheel pants

Jcurry

Well Known Member
Hi,
1. Just wondering if anyone has made their own wheel pants? If so, do you have a link to how you did it?
2. Has anyone used wheel pants from another vendor or aircraft that looks good on the -12?

Just looking for options. I called Vans and I really didn't get a good expected timeline if I went ahead and ordered them.

Thanks

Hi,
1. Just wondering if anyone has made their own wheel pants? If so, do you have a link to how you did it?
2. Has anyone used wheel pants from another vendor or aircraft that looks good on the -12?

Just looking for options. I called Vans and I really didn't get a good expected timeline if I went ahead and ordered them.

Thanks

Did it sound especially long, or just uncertain? I ordered them a couple weeks ago, but I'm almost glad to hear it's a longer delay since I'm just about ready for inspection and I won't have to fight back the urge to delay in order to do the wheel pants.

Did it sound especially long, or just uncertain? I ordered them a couple weeks ago, but I'm almost glad to hear it's a longer delay since I'm just about ready for inspection and I won't have to fight back the urge to delay in order to do the wheel pants.

To me the answer was uncertain and clear as mud.
If I understood her correctly, about 168 pieces are on order. The fiberglass guy brings about 6 pieces a week but some pieces are on back order.......

Would you please let me know if you get an anticipated arrival time?
Thanks

mold for wheelpant

A guy in the Netherlands offers molds for RV12 wheel pants.
And cowlings en wingtips, but all separate.
If you want I'll provide details ?

Greets

I watched this video to get some ideas for molding in the fairings along the front/back split line. Lots of work, but it was worth it.

John Salak
RV-12 N896HS

Awesome! Beautiful! Great work! I really want to try and do them myself.

Last edited:
To me the answer was uncertain and clear as mud.
If I understood her correctly, about 168 pieces are on order. The fiberglass guy brings about 6 pieces a week but some pieces are on back order.......

Would you please let me know if you get an anticipated arrival time?
Thanks

I just got the ship notice for the wheel fairings kit.

Back