What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Replacing GX Pilot servo with GSA28. Brackets?

pecanflyboy

Well Known Member
I have an RV6 with the TruTrak GX Pilot autopilot. I want to replace this unit with the GSA28 servos, and run the autopilot through my G3X. Dimensional drawings look like the GX Pilot brackets should work with the GSA28 servos. Any experience with this converstion?

$

No problem

I did this on my RV7 about 6 or 7 years ago.
There may have been some slight modifications to the brackets but I recall it being very straightforward. The 6 pitch setup is a little different to the 7 but I’m sure it’s no big deal.
Good luck

GSA 28 Servo Mount

I did this on my RV7 about 6 or 7 years ago.
There may have been some slight modifications to the brackets but I recall it being very straightforward. The 6 pitch setup is a little different to the 7 but I’m sure it’s no big deal.
Good luck

We provide some generic guidance on using 3rd party servo mounts in section 18.5.2.10 of the G3X Touch Installation Manual. This section begins on page 18-14.

Thanks,

Justin

I was able to use the existing pitch bracket. I did replace the roll servo bracket with the Garmin, but the base mounting holes were the same.

I have an RV6 with the TruTrak GX Pilot autopilot. I want to replace this unit with the GSA28 servos, and run the autopilot through my G3X. Dimensional drawings look like the GX Pilot brackets should work with the GSA28 servos. Any experience with this converstion?

$

I had to replace the aileron's diagonal bracing on my 10 with Garmin bracket. Not sure if other models will be the same.

Back