What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 near Williamsburg, VA to look at?

dmpatto

I'm New Here
Is there anyone at KPHF, KJGG, KFYJ that owns an RV-8 and willing to allow me to sit in the front and back, check out the plane, and discuss?

I'm a previous plane owner and keep coming back to the RV-8 if I decide to go the experimental route. It seems to have the most useful load (not counting the RV10 or 14), is capable of up to a 220 lb passenger and carrying some baggage.

Now I just need to sit in one and discuss further with someone willing to spare a few moments.

Thanks.

There is one at JGG

Not sure the guy who owns it is on VAF. I think it is down for it's annual though. Reach out to Jon Mulder (on here) he knows the owner.

I owned an RV-8 for several years. I am 6' tall (on a good day) and about 220 lbs. I had plenty of room in the front seat. The back seat has less room and your feet are on either side of the front seat.

The airplane is a great flying machine. Fast and fun. Has more baggage capacity than you might think (but you need to use soft luggage). Biggest downside is that the heat particularly in the back seat is pretty bad in colder temperatures.

I am building an RV-14A, but would have bought a flying RV-8 again had there been one available when I started my project.

bruce

Dave...

I didn't have email notifications on and didn't see the message about your RV-8 in Culpeper. We have family in that area and there is this awesome ice cream place near it that gets packed in the summer. I may have to come out there and take a look.

I'm building an RV8 at ORF. I'm about 90% done with the fuselage. If you're down this way you're welcome to sit in the front and back. You can even make airplane noises and I won't tell.

Back