What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stewart Transport

Longaly

My 14A slow build wing kit was delivered today to the Atlanta GA area by Stewart Transport. I was extremely impresed with the driver, Eric, and the delivery as a whole. The truck had an internal crane system for offloading and a large dolly for moving the crate from the street to the garage. As you can see, he has several more stops to make today.

Zero crate damage. Excelent experience!

Attachments

• Truck inside.jpg
    Truck inside.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 157
  • Truck outside.jpg
    Truck outside.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
That’s fantastic! I hope they deliver my kits when they show up soon…! Also Atlanta area. Go get busy!

My kits just got pushed back by 3 weeks or so, I’m now expecting June, July timeframes for the first 3 kits to be delivered. Lots of local builders in the area which is cool!

Im actually building a -10 and just lurking in the -14 threads as well.

There were some -10 crates and parts on the trailer. I don't remember where he said they were headed.

Hopefully your delivery experience turns out as good as mine. I've seen to many videos of damaged crates and not so good deliveries.

I’ve been leaning towards pickup from the fright depot, but may base that on who the shipper ends up being. Looks like I’ll be fine to let Stewart do last mile if they end up doing my shipping.

You guys anywhere close to Alpharetta? I've been toying with the idea of building for a long time, but have serious doubts I'd stick with it.

Maybe when I retire.

I’m in Paulding County. EAA chapter 268 meets at Paulding Northwest Atlanta airport (KPUJ) the third Saturday of the month and there are currently four members building -14As, one building a -14, and one building a -9A all at different stages of the build process. There are currently 3 members with flying RVs, two -14As and one -7A. I believe there are a few members that live up your way that come to the meetings. Our meetings tend to be more of a meet and talk about all things aviation kind of thing. You are more than welcome to come and look at, and ask questions about, some of the builds in progress.

Last edited:
Back