What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GDU 375 broken mounting tabs

pecanflyboy

Well Known Member
10 year old Garmin GDU375 mounted in an RV6 panel. The two top mounting points have failed. Essentially, the screws have pulled through the plastic frame.

A detailed inspection shows that all the mouning holes in the GDU 375 and the GDU 370 have stress fractures. There are also cracks eminating from the DB sockets.

Anyone have this issue or have a suggested fix? I'm going to contact Garmin, but I doubt they have support on this unit, anymore.

$$

Last edited:
Actually, I prefer the non-touch. I have a GTN 650 it is a PTA in rough air. Apparently this is a known issue as the bezel contacts the instrument panel before the base of the screw mount. There is just a slight compression of the plastic that eventually turns into stress fractures.

I bought a replacement GDU-375 unit from Garmin for $600 in December 2020 because my unit, which was installed in 2011, failed to power on. The replacement unit looked to be essentially new and came with a 1 year warranty, although it was labelled as refurbished.

Last edited:
I bought a replacement GDU-375 unit from Garmin for $600 in December 2020 because my unit, which was installed in 2011, failed to power on. The replacement unit looked to be essentially new and came with a 1 year warranty, although it was labelled as refurbished.

Thank you. You are the second to tell me that Garmin has a $600ish exchange program. If that is confirmed, I'll just pack the corners with epoxy puddy, redrill the mounting holes, and wait for something catostrophic before I replace the unit.

It's confirmed. If you don't want to fix the mounting points, Garmin will exhcange the GDU 370 and 375 for $620 each. I'm going to first try to fix the mounts using aluminum spacers and expoxy puddy.

10 year old Garmin GDU375...The two top mounting points have failed. Essentially, the screws have pulled through the plastic frame...

...Anyone have this issue or have a suggested fix? I'm going to contact Garmin, but I doubt they have support on this unit, anymore.

Perfect excuse to upgrade to the touch :eek:

It's confirmed. If you don't want to fix the mounting points, Garmin will exchange the GDU 370 and 375 for $620 each. I'm going to first try to fix the mounts using aluminum spacers and epoxy puddy.

Just had the same issue today on one of my GDU-370's. Looks like Walt's solution/suggestion is the only option available.

G3Xpert replied to my inquiry indicating that GDU-37X replacements are not available. Garmin is offering to swap damaged GDU-37X's for half-price GDU-470's. Definitely more expensive than $620 but I guess it's a fair offer, all things considered.

GDU-370 (1).jpg GDU-370 (2).jpg GDU-370 (3).jpg

I bought a repair kit from a guy in the Atlanta area (private message " Flandy10" here on VAF for details)

It consists of an aluminum bezel that goes underneath/ between the panel and the GDU370/375. He supplys slightly longer screws that replace existing that hold it in place. An elegant fix.

Last edited:
I bought a repair kit from a guy in the Atlanta area (private message " Flandy10" here on VAF for details)

It consists of an aluminum bezel that goes underneath/ between the panel and the GDU370/375. He supplys slightly longer screws that replace existing that hold it in place. An elegant fix.

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

Back