What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Beringer wheels on aluminium landing gear

dmn056

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm thinking about installing Beringer 6.00-6 wheels on Sky Designs landing gear.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or with Grove landing gear? In particular, I'd like to hear about axles used.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for this. I've looked at their kit, but it's for a 5.00-5 wheel. The Sky Designs wheel fairing can accommodate a bigger wheel, which I think is a good idea. I'm hoping someone has already done this.

Hi Dan,
Steve at TS Flightlines is working with Beringer on a 6.00-6 Wheel & Brake that will use the "Type 1" axle attach pattern. This "Type 1" pattern is what mates to our Sky Designs aluminum airfoil legs. My understanding is that Beringer will provide their own dedicated axle with the wheels & brakes.

I hope this helps!

Hi Ken
Thanks for this. I've now had some info from both Beringer and TS Flightlines and I think we're converging to a solution which will work well with your gear leg and wheel fairing.

Thanks. I looked closely at this option, but decided to go with the 6.00x6 wheels and tires.

Sky Designs, Beringer, Anderson Aviation (Beringer's Australian dealer), and TS Flightlines have all been very helpful, and I've now found out what I need and placed my orders for the landing gear and the brakes, wheels and tires, including the 6.00x6 option.

TS Flightlines are still doing some beta testing on another RV-8 installation, but when that is complete I expect to be able to place an order with them for the brake lines, so all looking good.

Back