What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shoulder harness “brackets” ?

Italiancowboy

So recently bought a 10 and am totally thrilled.
There are a few things that are inconvenient with the most troubled is the fact that the shoulder harness falls behind the pilot seat when you get out and then you have to reach back and fish them back to the front to buckle in.

Anyone have a good system to keep them in the front seat area ?

The other thing to improve is to replace the cotton cord that is used to pull the door down. Highly sophisticated airplane with a rope to close the door ….

Thanks, CDERK.

Have you used these ? Are you pleased ?
I was hoping for something more long the lines of a loop on the seatback.

The headset hanger won't work for me as my outlets for the headset are on the outer edge of the instrument panel so the cord would be running across the seat if the hanger is in the overhead console.

I use a similar bracket for my seat belts and it does the job just fine. I also hang the headsets on a bracket in the middle, and it's not a problem. I may move the lemo plugs to the center tunnel but it's a low priority item on my "to-do" list.

-Marc

Shoulder Harness "Hanger"

So recently bought a 10 and am totally thrilled.
There are a few things that are inconvenient with the most troubled is the fact that the shoulder harness falls behind the pilot seat when you get out and then you have to reach back and fish them back to the front to buckle in.

Anyone have a good system to keep them in the front seat area ?

The other thing to improve is to replace the cotton cord that is used to pull the door down. Highly sophisticated airplane with a rope to close the door ….

I had the same issue. I prefer hanging the harness in the center rather than on the doors, so I opted to use clips originally intended to secure a cellphone holster (remember those?) to a belt. This would only work if you have an overhead console, and at that probably depends on which one. My O/H console has a removable access panel. I used a piece of scrap aluminum (corners rounded) on the back to distribute the load across the fiberglass access panel. Rivets or machine screws to secure the clips, as you prefer. If you use machine screws, you probably want to put a tape dot or something similar over the screw heads to avoid the possibility of eventually fraying the straps. I positioned mine and inch or two aft of my shoulders, with an inch and a half-ish space between them--easy to reach, but the PAX harness is out of the way if flying solo. The open side of the clips face outboard. I picked them up on Amazon, but don't recall the specific vendor.

Apologies for the attached pic being a bit out of focus. I had a couple of "installed" pics, but can't seem to find them and am not at the hangar to take new ones.

WRT the doors, my straps began life as dog leashes. :)

Attachments

• Cell Phone Holster Clip.jpg
    Cell Phone Holster Clip.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 72
Back