What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GPS175/GNC355/GNX375 Software Available For Download

g3xpert

Well Known Member
Advertiser
We are happy to announce that we are making software updates for the 2? series of certified IFR navigators (GPS 175, GNC 355, and GNX 375) available in our EAB Software Download Area. The software can be downloaded directly from our website to an 8 GB SD card and loaded into any unit installed in a non-certified aircraft.

Anyone wanting to update the software for these units will want to first download Service Bulletin 2048 and review the software update process. After reviewing the service bulletin, download the software loader image, and create a software loader card for the update. There is only one software download, which includes the files required to update all 3 units listed above. The current download link will update the Main System Software to 3.10.

Please feel free to send any questions or concerns our way at [email protected].

Thanks,

Justin

Is there a change log? What are the changes?

We are happy to announce that we are making software updates for the 2? series of certified IFR navigators (GPS 175, GNC 355, and GNX 375) available in our EAB Software Download Area. The software can be downloaded directly from our website to an 8 GB SD card and loaded into any unit installed in a non-certified aircraft.

Anyone wanting to update the software for these units will want to first download Service Bulletin 2048 and review the software update process. After reviewing the service bulletin, download the software loader image, and create a software loader card for the update. There is only one software download, which includes the files required to update all 3 units listed above. The current download link will update the Main System Software to 3.10.

Please feel free to send any questions or concerns our way at [email protected].

Thanks,

Justin

Hi James,

The change log is listed in the Service Bulletin Document, but I have included below. The 2" Navigator series software was newly added to the support page in order to make available to the experimental market similar to the GTN series.

GPS 175/GNX 375/GNC 355 Main Software Version 3.10 contains the following changes:

• Adds support for additional FIS-B weather products:
◦ Turbulence
◦ Icing
◦ G-AIRMET
◦ Cloud Tops
◦ Lightning
◦ Center Weather Advisories
• Updates NEXRAD “No Coverage” overlay to be semi-transparent
• Adds support for database SYNC for transferring databases between Garmin displays – transfer
and receive from any GI 275, GPS 175, GNX 375, or GNC 355 and receive only from G500 TXi/
G600 TXi
• Improves availability for advisory guidance on LNAV approaches in areas without SBAS coverage
• Fixes a problem where GAE 12 calibration was limited to 6 points
• Adds Altitude Source Input Configuration setting to GPS 175 and GNC 355 to prevent nuisance
messages when connected to Sandel 3308/3500/4500
• Fixes an issue with GNC 355 carrier squelch setting. It is now applied when the value is changed
• Adds GI 275 support
• Adds Remote Radio Control Format 1 for GNC 355
• ARINC 429 labels are transmitted when in config mode

Great to see your panel project turn out beautifully!

BR,

Brad

Last edited:
Hello Brad,

Thanks for that! It's my first update and at first glance, I couldn't find the service bulletin.

I am so in love with this panel! Keep up the stellar work guys!

Hi James,

The change log is listed in the Service Bulletin Document, but I have included below. The 2" Navigator series software was newly added to the support page in order to make available to the experimental market similar to the GTN series.

GPS 175/GNX 375/GNC 355 Main Software Version 3.10 contains the following changes:

? Adds support for additional FIS-B weather products:
◦ Turbulence
◦ Icing
◦ G-AIRMET
◦ Cloud Tops
◦ Lightning
◦ Center Weather Advisories
? Updates NEXRAD ?No Coverage? overlay to be semi-transparent
? Adds support for database SYNC for transferring databases between Garmin displays ? transfer
and receive from any GI 275, GPS 175, GNX 375, or GNC 355 and receive only from G500 TXi/
G600 TXi
? Improves availability for advisory guidance on LNAV approaches in areas without SBAS coverage
? Fixes a problem where GAE 12 calibration was limited to 6 points
? Adds Altitude Source Input Configuration setting to GPS 175 and GNC 355 to prevent nuisance
messages when connected to Sandel 3308/3500/4500
? Fixes an issue with GNC 355 carrier squelch setting. It is now applied when the value is changed
? Adds GI 275 support
? Adds Remote Radio Control Format 1 for GNC 355
? ARINC 429 labels are transmitted when in config mode

Great to see your panel project turn out beautifully!

BR,

Brad

Service Bulletin

Hello Brad,

Thanks for that! It's my first update and at first glance, I couldn't find the service bulletin.

I am so in love with this panel! Keep up the stellar work guys!

James,

There are two links in the software download area that begin with GPS175/GNC355/GNX375. One of them is the Service Bulletin Document, and the other is the software download itself.

Thanks,

Justin

I found it immediately after Brad pointed it out. The error of my ways!

Thanks Justin, hope you guys are staying safe and healthy!!

James,

There are two links in the software download area that begin with GPS175/GNC355/GNX375. One of them is the Service Bulletin Document, and the other is the software download itself.

Thanks,

Justin

changes from older versions?

The service bulletin describes changes from v3.03 to v3.1. A unit we just updated hadn't been updated since it was installed and had v2.02. Are there change logs for releases between older versions available online anywhere?

-Greg

I downloaded the new software to my data card and installed it on my GNC355. When finished, I could not get the unit to power up in normal mode, it would stay in the configuration mode. Once I removed the data card the unit powered up normally. Apparently if you leave the data card in your unit without deleting the software update it wants to reinstall the update every time it is powered on. Up to this point I have always left my data card in the unit for safekeeping, however I would recommend either downloading the update on a separate data card or deleting the software update from the nav data card.

Last edited:
Jake,

Concur with your findings. Another VAF bubba at RTS downloaded the software update on a separate card, and we both used that card. While I was loading the software update in my 375, I downloaded a Nav Database update on the Garmin card, and when the software update was complete, shut down, swapped the cards, and re-started. Worked like a champ! So good call Jake. (And thanks Brian for the help!).

Cheers,
Bob

I downloaded the new software to my data card and installed it on my GNC355. When finished, I could not get the unit to power up in normal mode, it would stay in the configuration mode. Once I removed the data card the unit powered up normally. Apparently if you leave the data card in your unit without deleting the software update it wants to reinstall the update every time it is powered on. Up to this point I have always left my data card in the unit for safekeeping, however I would recommend either downloading the update on a separate data card or deleting the software update from the nav data card.

Service Bulletin Document

This is covered in the software bulletin document, Part II Step 11 and 12. As part of the software update process, the software loader card must be removed from the unit once the update is complete.

Thanks,

Justin

The service bulletin describes changes from v3.03 to v3.1. A unit we just updated hadn't been updated since it was installed and had v2.02. Are there change logs for releases between older versions available online anywhere?

-Greg

Update to 3.02:
  • Corrected incompatibility issue with KI 208A and KI 209A.
  • Corrected issue for GNX 375 with use of ?Generate ICAO from Tail? in config mode, so that use of this feature will now correctly calculate ICAO address.
  • Added display of GPS Boot software version in Config mode.
  • Changed default of user fields on the map to combined DTK/TRK (Desired Track / Track) in top
    right and DIS/BRG APT (Distance/Bearing from Destination Airport) in bottom right.

Update to 3.03:
  • Fixes an issue where some traffic targets may be missed when over 200 targets
    are in range
  • Fixes an issue where prioritization of selected traffic over
    non-selected traffic was not occurring. This could result in removal of selected traffic, if 60 or
    more other aircraft are closer than selected traffic
  • Clarified AFMS completion instructions.
  • Clarified installation instructions for aircraft without an avionics bus.

Thanks,

Justin

Justin--
Thanks for the link to the web page for these updates. Will you post the newest G5 (Experimental) software update on the same page when it becomes available?

Transponder Fault

I did the update on my GNX 375 earlier this week and everything tested fine after the update.Flew today and I have a message on the G3X transponder display that says ?Transponder Fault?. No error messages on the 375. Checked in with ATC and they reported reading fine for transponder and ADS-B. Any thoughts on cause of alert and how to fix?

GNX 375 Error

I did the update on my GNX 375 earlier this week and everything tested fine after the update.Flew today and I have a message on the G3X transponder display that says ?Transponder Fault?. No error messages on the 375. Checked in with ATC and they reported reading fine for transponder and ADS-B. Any thoughts on cause of alert and how to fix?

Good Morning,

In configuration mode on the GDU, touch Transponder. There is a status box in the bottom left hand corner. What is displayed there?

Thanks,

Justin

G5 Software

Justin--
Thanks for the link to the web page for these updates. Will you post the newest G5 (Experimental) software update on the same page when it becomes available?

Yes we will post any updates to the G5 software to the Experimental Software Download area as soon as they are ready, as well as post here to let everyone know it is available.

Thanks,

Justin

No Mac support? Really??

So...I'm an all Mac household also(switched when OS X came out in 2001) and installed Windows 10 on external SSD just to run this update installer. Kinda sucks, but now I have a portable Windoz to run on any Mac.

Here's the instructions I followed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=kR28kVtZYJY&feature=emb_logo

The only issue I ran into...
  1. free version WintoUSB wont let you install Windoz Pro, only Home
  2. Tried on a fast USB stick but forgot they have horrible write speeds so everything was slow. Switched to a USB3 SSD and now runs fast
  3. Internal Macbook Air SD card reader was working but wouldnt mount my SD card in Windoz..tried several cards. All other USB and a seperate SD card reader would mount drives. Booted up Windoz SSD on iMac and that internal SD card reader worked fine.

I was never a fan of VMs or partitioning Mac drive with a Windoz install...this technique is great. As long as it running on a fast drive there's no noticeable performance hit. it took a whole day to sort the out and about 15 seconds to update my GPS 175.

Back