What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tires

Nameci

I'm New Here
Patron
I need to buy tires for my Rv 14. I have upgraded to the Beringer kit. I’ve read a couple of threads that say the Desser retreads give the most wear. When I think of retreads all I see is those chunks of tires laying on the highway some help and advice would be appreciated. The new Michelin’s or four times the cost.

I won't advise you as to which tires to buy, except a lot of people use Dresser retreads.
As to the HUGE hunks of semi tires on the freeway. I have a Class A CDL and still have the truck. But those tires take a beating rolling 70-80 fully loaded. We can't dodge the chuck holes in the road either.
They get hot. Let one get low on pressure (90 psi) and see how the heat builds and destroys the tire. Had a front tire (no caps on front by law) get a 3/8" box/open end wrench jammed through the 14 cords. Made it back to the shop without knowing it, But caught it on pre-trip inspection.
I've lost the caps before. Scary for sure.
You don't turn your aircraft tires with nearly the load or duration of a semi so no comparison can be applied.
Your luck may vary Art

I reached out to Dresser to see if they had the retreads in a tubeless and haven’t heard back. I think I’ll probably go with the new tires from aircraft Spruce they have the tires Beringer recommended. Thanks for the help.

I have used Desser retrades many times and they wear much better and cheaper. I also believe they have them with tubeless type but can't say for sure. When times come, this is what I am going to try to buy if they have them for tubeless.

+1 on the Wilkerson's. They balanced out well and I haven't experienced any tire shake on takeoff or landing. They were a bit larger than the tires I originally fitted so I had to open up the wheel pants just a bit. And the price and quick shipping was right!

Back