What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Throotle body

vgb

Well Known Member
Just curious. Does anyone use the rotec throttle body and if they do How do you like it. What engine and HP:)

A search for "Rotec TBI" will return some detailed threads talking about a few installs and experiences.

I have a Rotec TBI on my OX-340S and love it. Mine is derated to 165HP using low-compression pistons. The primer-override button makes cold starts a piece of cake.

My only gripe -and I must stress this relates to my installation rather than the TBI itself - is it has a propensity to suffer vapour lock at low RPM due to the remote regulator being installed too close to the exhaust. I could install a blast tube and shroud to the regulator but that is too much work! :p

Soooo....I have just purchased a new Rotec 48-4/5 to replace the existing 40-4. The MkII models incorporate the regulator into the TBI itself and I'm expecting this to eliminate that issue, while at the same time catering for the HP increase if (when?) I replace the pistons.

Back