What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Mini X EMS

DMFenster

Well Known Member
For those of you with GRT Mini, they now have graphic engine monitoring when paired to their engine information system. Took all of about 1/2 and hour to run a serial line from my GRT EIS to the Mini X and I then fired up the engine management page. Works great. Very readable.

This little box is pretty slick.

Dave

Mini's are getting better everyday

Here' are a couple of photo's showing the EIS stuff on the Mini and the airport info page. Lot's of stuff is available on this wonderful backup or stand alone DFIW. (sorry for the poor image quality. Phone photo's in turbulence)

20858248639_161b84b7ba_c.jpg

20858253719_7bb8ac52b7_c.jpg

21264436544_5deaa0139d_c.jpg

Other ENG pages are available like on the HXr, HX, and SX. All the EIS information. This can be direct wired with a serial from the EIS, or mine is passed through the display Link.

But wait! There's more .... :)

Somewhat hidden on their web page about the Mini feature set, GRT mentions the ability to have weather and traffic on the Mini now. (Cost a few $$ extra for the feature set).

Having done some of the testing on that, I can say that that is pretty cool, especially if your primary screen is an HXr and you run in SPLIT screen mode most of the time.

If you get one, realize that you need to supply ADS-B data to it SEPARATELY from your other devices. That can be either serially (FDS, iLevil) or USB with a hub (iLevil, DUAL, SkyRadar).

The weather data is NOT shared over the serial Display Link (bandwidth) although it is over the "ethernet" link on the big displays.

BUT ... I don't think they mind my mentioning this, a later release will share the TRAFFIC data over the Display Link to a MINI. Just tested that a few days ago.

I fly/have flown with Garmin/GRT/Dynon/Advanced Flight gear in my and other RV's. All pretty cool stuff. But I must say, as a BACKUP or low cost (mini) EFIS, the GRT MINI's are getting harder and harder to beat each day.

DISCLAIMER: I do a lot of testing of GRT gear/features (for free). They are a sponsor of TEam AeroDynamix, which I have flown with in the past.

Thanks for getting some pictures up Widget. I have been saying I was going to do that for a few weeks now. :)

James

Yes indeed ...

Glad to see some progress on the Mini engine display! :D

Yes Katie. A lot of good stuff!!!

They just need you DOCUMENTING all the new stuff that has been done and is BEING done! :)

It now has more features that even **I** use!!!!! :)

Yes Katie. A lot of good stuff!!!

They just need you DOCUMENTING all the new stuff that has been done and is BEING done! :)

It now has more features that even **I** use!!!!! :)

Hearty "Amen." (But the Mini is probably least in need of additional documentation. I think it comes from the factory already simplified to my Luddite-level. Wonderful piece of user-friendliness.)

Last edited:
Back