What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2015 AirVenture Builder Awards

Diran Torigian's RV-8 was parked about 3 spots down from me...he did a great job on his 8, it was gorgeous... And, a special shout out to him especially considering his first flight in it was around July 12th!!

Somehow, he did the Phase 1 flyoff out in California and then made it out to OSH by the 19th or 20th!!

Diran, I don't know if you participate in VAF, but if you do, well done and congrats on the Lindy!

V/R,

Rob Schroer

Plastic prevails

Once again for the the 3rd year in a row a plastic RG airplane has won the big prize at Oshkosh. And I am sure the owner of the Lanair Evolution built most of that plane. If you want to win a Gold Lindy, don't build a metal airplane! But other than that just have fun flying your airplane.

Great job Mr. Shook! Those bronze lindy's are getting harder and harder to win I think...your plane looked great. More hardware coming back to Colorado, nice work.

Diran Torigian's RV-8 was parked about 3 spots down from me...he did a great job on his 8, it was gorgeous... And, a special shout out to him especially considering his first flight in it was around July 12th!!

Somehow, he did the Phase 1 flyoff out in California and then made it out to OSH by the 19th or 20th!!

Diran, I don't know if you participate in VAF, but if you do, well done and congrats on the Lindy!

V/R,

Rob Schroer

One pilot can easily do a 25 hour phase one in four days, two pilots in 2 1/2 days. CA to Oshkosh in one long day if the weather cooperates.

Back