What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Worried about passing your medical exam?

Randy

Well Known Member
Over the years I have had experiences from A to Z when it comes to passing the 3rd class medical exam. Some Doctors are looking for something to write up and others seem to figure if you made it in to the office you are good to go!

We have an opportunity to stop the madness via the General Aviation Pilot protection Act.

I am one of the last people you will see contributing to a large bureaucracy to further a political ambition, but for this particular cause I sent some cash, (AOPA). If this thing can get through congress it has tremendous potential to revitalize GA.

I encourage anyone who can, to give to the cause, and when the timing is right, to call your representatives to encourage them to get behind this effort.

I have read some heart breaking posts here about pilots losing their medical and thus their flying privileges due to various medical problems. The statistics simply do not support the issue. We should have the right to decide if we are fit to fly as long as we are not in some kind of commercial operation. I have told may people that if not for my airplane, and my right to fly, they might find me on an on ramp with a card board sign! Help me avoid that situation please!

Personally, I have scrubbed quite a few flights simply because I did not feel as sharp as I think I should be to take the controls of my airplane. That kind of decision making is what this bill is all about.

I hope a post like this is OK here! I promise, it is not about being liberal or conservative, it is about our right to fly...

Randall

I find the change in attitude with respect to medicals very interesting here. Refreshing, but interesting.

8 years ago, I started flying as a sport pilot. I was universally met with suspicion, that I couldn't be a good pilot if I didn't want to apply for a medical. That attitude included more than a few posters here.

Now, nearly 9 years into the Sport Pilot experiment, we have the "drivers license medical" moving into the mainstream with large amounts of support. Perhaps it was a good idea after all?

TODR

Take Action !

Yesterday I wrote to both my U.S. Senators and my U.S. Representive urging them to support HR3708. Now I urge - maybe beg - ALL RVers to do the same. (i.e. write your congressmen, not mine. ;))

Medical

What bugs me about the medical is I can haul a oversize load down the hiway over width 14 feet 6inch wide, at 120,00 pounds heavy in terrible traffic with a lot of nuts on the road that can't read the oversize signs on the truck.
I have a commercial medical but worry about my flight medical. Go figure

Vern

I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the lack of effort made our letter groups in establishing a grass-roots campaign to get more co-sponsors for this legislation.

I think its time we start a VAF letter-writing campaign.

Last edited:
Back