What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any builders in Redding CA?

nakimoff

I'm New Here
Hi All, I just ordered the preview plans for the RV-7 and the Van's practice kits. I'm planning to get up to Van's next month to pick up an RV-7 tail kit and tour the factory. I've been lurking for years now and am finally at a point where I can get this project started. This website is great for motivation, especially the trip reports.

I looked at the Sacramento RVators website and filled out the application for membership, I'll drop it in the mail today. Thanks for the tip.

Lake California Airpark (68CA) - Cottonwood

There are several good examples of RV's there and their builders (as opposed to purchased-flying).

These folks would be helpful.

HFS

lots of us...

Come by Benton airfield and introduce yourself. There is a pretty good sized group of builders and flyers at our little airport.

1 RV 4
3 RV 6's
3 RV 7's
1 RV 8
1 RV 9
1 RV 10

off the top of my head.....maybe more.

Cheers..
Evan
530-351-1776 cell

I'm more of a lurker as far as building goes (young and not enough $ yet) but I know there is an EAA chapter here that seems active: http://www.eaa157.org/

I've met a few of the members and they seemed very friendly and invited me to check out their monthly meeting/dinner. I haven't gone to one yet but plan to eventually. Anyway, my point being that I think that's a good place for you to start.

Welcome to VAF!

Jeff,
welcome.gif
aboard the good ship VAF.

You are not too young to start, just remember to take it slowly and small bites.

Hey there, I grew up in Redding, now living on the otherside of the hill. Welcome :D

I'm not in Redding but in Fort jones in Scott Valley. I built a 7A. I know there was someone in Dunsmuir building a 7 . I really enjoyed building mine.

Have Fun

Thanks for the information everyone. My plans and practice kits arrived yesterday. I have my tool list almost dialed in and I will be ordering next week. It took longer than I expected to decide on the tools because I searched this forum for threads on 'c-frame vs DRDT-2'. There is so much info on this site. After reading all the threads, I decided to go with the DRDT-2 for noise abatement (I live in a townhouse). I will just be careful to make sure I have the preload set correctly. I built three EAA workbenches, and my shop space is coming together. I have joined the Sac RVators and EAA, and plan to get involved with the local EAA chapter.

Evan- I would love to come out and meet some of the local builders, I am only familiar with Hillside aviation at Benton.

Jeff- pm me sometime, I'd be happy to show you the preview plan and practice kits.

Bret- I looked at your build log and am impressed with the paint job on your wings, they look great.

Back