What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ACK ELT Audio Alert unit drill template

If anyone has made the audio alert unit drill template on 53-03 Step 1, would you mind posting the measurements for the holes? I'd like to drill my VS-705 while building the vertical stabilizer. I don't really want to buy the ELT this early and have the lithium battery aging for a year. If not, I'll just eyeball it using the pictures. Thanks.

Halleffect

Sorry if this is a basic question. I am just starting my vertical stab build and I'm not aware that this may be required. If possible can you please elaborate on why this will be required. My first build and trying to learn as much as I can.

Thanks again

Halleffect

Sorry if this is a basic question. I am just starting my vertical stab build and I'm not aware that this may be required. If possible can you please elaborate on why this will be required. My first build and trying to learn as much as I can.

Thanks again

Mounting the ELT is done much later in the build after you've built the tail cone. It's not something you need to worry about while building the empennage kit.

Halleffect

Thanks again

First time builder here, too. As Art mentions, the ELT gets installed way out in Section 53. It just seems easier to me to drill the mounting holes for the ELT audio alert module during the VS build. If you look at Section 53 the module gets zip tied to the underside of the VS nose rib.

Last edited:
Back