What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tosten connections

BGordon

Well Known Member
Afternoon everyone,
I have received my Tosten control sticks and am curious how others connected them. One has 11ish wires connecting it and I am soliciting ideas on how they were connected to run forward?

Thanks
Brandon

I used two nine pin molex connectors on each stick for my military style tolsen grips. These connectors have worked great for five years.

However, if I ever rewire these grips I’d seriously consider using either 15 or 25 pin dsub pin connectors through SteinAir.

d-sub

I have 12 wires on my sticks (more buttons?), so I used 15 pin standard D-Sub connectors. Considering that all the wires on the stick are discrete values (and not needing shielding), I just used a couple extra plastic back shields I had.

Kits are only a few dollars, so a low cost, high reliability connection.

I have used terminal blocks to hook up the Tosten wiring.

https://media.digikey.com/photos/Molex/38770-0110.jpg

If you ever need to remove the stick, this makes it easier than having to cut and splice the wiring later.

I'm installing my panel and I was wrestling with the same problem just yesterday. I happen to have a few of those laying around from another project and never even thought about using them here.

That's a terrific idea! Thanks for the suggestion!

Just me

Here is bow i did it.

Attachments

• 1754BAF2-C35D-4BF4-BCED-47B5B2217C54.jpg
    1754BAF2-C35D-4BF4-BCED-47B5B2217C54.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 154
Back